Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Snorkeling vs. Diving

Bula!
Well its been a while since I last updated! Im not going to update on exactly what ive been doing because it would be a long list of mostly homework and some fun adventures along the way if you really want to know e-mail me and ill let you know! What I really wanted to talk about is snorkeling. I have come to absolutely love snorkeling since I have come to Fiji. The freeness of just lazying about the water or being terrified of touching the coral is just amazing. I had only snorkeled one time before coming to Fiji. That was in Puerto Rico. Now all I want to do is get my dive certification so I can get closer to things! I would like to say though snorkeling isnt just fun and games you need to be aware of your surroundings which many times for me becomes very difficult. I get quite caught up in looking at the beautiful coral and gorgeous fish that I have to remember to not get lost or stay out to long so I get stuck at low tide. But alas I survive my snorkeling experiences with only minor injuries and only a few moments of shear terror. Since I have only had minor mishaps with snorkeling I feel that diving would be the logical next step. I am hopefully going to get my dive certification in a few weeks at an island that I have snorkeled at before. I do not know if my moments of shear terror when I dont pay attention to everyone else and end up nearly alone will be more or less. Well soon I will find out if there are too many perils for diving for me to stand or if it is just like snorkeling but better! Well Moce for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment