Thursday, March 18, 2010

The aftermath

Bula!
Well the cyclone is over and I finally got back to classes today. The cyclone ended up hitting the northern and easter divisions(im in the central division) really hard but mostly missed the western division and had minimal impact on the central division. The storm forced all of us to stay inside from Saturday to Wednesday. We were finally able to leave the gate of our flats on Wednesday and most of us spent the day in town just meandering around because no one wanted to go back to the flats. In our massive amount of spare time that we had while locked in our dungeons of houses we did get to watch several movies. I was happy to see avatar which I had not seen before. I do wish I would have seen it in 3D but it was still good. The time that we spent trying to find something to do was impressive. I have never spent so much time in one place than I did during the cyclone. On the plus side it did make me appreciate how much I love to spend time outside! Well classes are going well and I have a paper to finish so I suppose this is my update for now! Please pray/think about/help if you can the people in northern and eastern Fiji! Here is a story about how to help! http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=142396 Vinaka!
Moce!

No comments:

Post a Comment