Saturday, March 13, 2010

Cyclone Tomas

Bula!
So on Friday which was 2 days ago here we were informed that there was a tropical depression that was on its way to Fiji. It is now Sunday and that tropical depression has formed into a category 3 cyclone and has been named Tomas. It still hasnt hit Fiji yet but they are saying that tonight and tomorrow it will be here. The original reports were that it would be here yesterday but it is moving much slower than expected and getting stronger along the way. Now I live in Minnesota and South Dakota so I have no idea how to prepare for a cyclone. Today there was some wind and rain that was pulling our windows open(they wernt locked) and that was before the actual storm has gotten here. I have no idea what it is going to be like. We have been warned that we probably wont have power or water and to prepare by getting water(which we have done). But beyond that I just dont really know what to do. Well I guess thats my update for now. I wanted to post something before I couldnt for a while. Please be praying for the people of Fiji. I will probably be fine in my flat here but others are not as fortunate to have a house made of concrete.
Moce for now

No comments:

Post a Comment